Honest-to-gosh target trigger...

Smokey Joe

Does Timney, or Jewell, or somebody, make a really nice target trigger that fits the Ruger Precision Rifle?

I'm spoiled--The "target trigger" that comes stock on the RPR seems draggy to me.

Or mebbe there is an adjustment for that?

Suspect the Ruger is too new for any aftermarket stuff yet. Ruger triggers do tend to be "lawyered up" though.
The manual only mentions pull weight adjustments. Nothing about anything else. Does talk about giving it a bath though. Might be worth doing that first.

Ruger trigger...

TO'H--I suspect that you are right, the RPR is too new on the market. The Timney website has nothing on the RPR, and Jewell doesn't seem to have a website (strange!)

Now, WHAT did you mean about "giving the trigger a bath?" In oil perchance??

"Lawyered" Riger triggers, yeah I agree. I have one other very nice Ruger rifle--except for the trigger (which I found impossible to replace.) Come to think of it, I had a Ruger target pistol, a Mark II, that was very nice also, especially retro-fitted with a Volquartsen trigger.

I am sure triggers will be along shortly.

I actually don't think it is that bad...at least I am pretty sure it is not affecting my accuracy. :)

The RPR is not an honest to gosh target rifle, it is a relatively inexpensive imitation of one.

For what it is, it does very well, just as it comes out of the box.

The Ruger is acceptable as is. You might need to adjust it to your liking, but they are putting better triggers on these than any other rifle in their history.

The 77 trigger is a very different, designed for rugged durability in harsh conditions. It is not easily adjusted to be anything more than a good hunting trigger. The American series, especially the Predators have a completely redesigned trigger that is as good as anything else. For what it'd cost to buy a replacement trigger you'd be about 1/2 way to another rifle. And not do much better.

Back