Home made portable shooting bench

G.O. West

HvRjMGB.jpg

What to do with some old bent pipe? I welded the frame together as in the photo below, and attached the bottom of an old chair for a seat.
Ed5kXyy.jpg

I cut a piece of 3/4" plywood for the table. (It was a piece of old counter top so it has Formica on top, not that it matters any.) Then I nailed on some molding around the outside so my bullets wouldn't roll off. Then I took a bungee cord, bent the S-hooks into an eye, and secured them with bolts and nuts through the table top.
iFbr4pK.jpg

In the photo below you can see how the bungee cord attaches to the lead sled. I like this set-up because I don't have to pack around any heavy bags of sand.

v1W3TK3.jpg

Now I have a shooting range where ever I want. The bench weighs about 35 or 40 pds. so it is easy to pick up and throw into the back of my truck.

I made one several years ago but can't remember where I put the photo's. The table top is 1 1/8" plywood car decking. the leg's are 1 1/4" black. under it the pipe is screwed onto pipe flanges that are screwed to hardwood block's cut into wedges the put the leg's at and angle, very solid. On the bottom of the legs I screwed 1 1/4" pipe ends, close's up the end of the pipe and doesn't let them sink into the ground. Cost me about $125 but I did get two table top out of one sheet of plywood.

JEfgdVGl.jpg

Back