Home FFL

tshadow6

I saw an ad in Shotgun News mentioning a "Home based FFL". The ad was placed by RK Enterprises. Does anyone have experience with this ?

I have no direct experience, but I looked in to it and spoke with several FFL's and I would strongly advise against it.

Here is why ---

If you get an FFL and claim your home as your place of business, then you just granted the BATFE and the local police access to inspect your place of business (your home) anytime they desire, for that reason alone I would advise against such folly.:(

One final point, I would consult with an attorney prior to actually submitting the application, so you understand local, state and federal law ramifications of such an license.

I hope this provides you with some insight.

Regards:)

This is called a "Kitchen Counter Gun Dealer" They are targeted as the most likely to make questionable sales. Of course this is B.S. but the cost of having an FFL is now to high for most KCGD's.
Another example of the small guy getting the shaft!
And yes it makes it a pain to have your home looked at as a place of business.

They can't come anytime they want. They can schedule 1 compliance visit a year. They can come at other times in response to a specific investigation, or with a warrant. RK Enterprises makes application and dealer kits (bound books, etc.) I have one for my C&R FFL. Be forewarned, the owner will talk your ear off and does not know as much as he thinks he knows about the law.

The FFl I deal with, sells out of his garage. It is not attached to the house but rather in the back yard. I don't hear him complaining about it, but he does not carry an inventory, tell him what you want he orders it you pick it up the next day or two. Just has a small safe to hold the gun until you pick it up.

Back