Home Defence shotgun

DtloreNce

Inactive
Anyone have the new maverick hs12 over under 18 inch barrel shotgun would you think it would make a good home Defence gun thanks.

Mossberg sells an OU under the Maverick name? Hmm I might have to go looking for that.

Anyway I'd say that's a decent home defense gun although I'd prefer a single barreled pump (imagine... a double barreled pump... :eek: mmmmm, I want one) so I could have 6 shots rather than 2.

I might be way off but I'm assuming you're from Europe and perhaps from the UK right? If that's the case your best for a defensive long arm bet may just be an OU or SxS shotgun since you blokes can't get anything else over there.

I've seen and handled it. Looks pretty, feels pretty cool and a over-under blacked out shotgun seems pretty legit, but my .02 is save some money and get a plain jane pump action shotgun. The stereotypical thing to say here would be along the lines of "racking that gun will send a home invader running". Maybe, maybe not... but it lets them know you mean business. Plus if you need or want more than two shots you'd have to reload. All that being said, I wouldn't turn it down if someone gave me one.

Back