Home built shooting table.

Boomer8404

I decided to build myself a dedicated shooting table. I wanted something a bit more steady then a folding leg table, and taller to better suit bench shooting duties. I also wanted one with a cutout in the top so I could move in closer for a more comfy shooting position. The top is 24" wide x 36" long x 3/4" thick plywood, and its covered with some camo automotive carpet. Final height is 38", and the stool is 20" tall. The legs are made from old military camo net poles, with some pvc plugs in the open ends for feet. The poles slide into some short pieces of chain link fence post, that are welded to a 2"x1/8" angle iron frame. Can't wait to get some good weather so I can take it out for a test run! The rifle on the shooting table is my friends 91/30 Mosin Nagant that he asked me to sporterize for him, just incase anyone was curious.

Looks good, out of curiosity how did you mount the scope? I'm thinking about buying another mosin just to put a scope on. (Don't want to mess up my m44). It would be a 91/30. I was thinking drill through the stock, make holes in the inside big enough for a nut to fit in, and tighten the scope mount on like that. Then mount have it go over the top with enough room for the bolt to clear. If that makes sense. It makes sense in my head :D

Boomer- I built the same table-Only difference is I used 3/4 threaded pipe. I got the female pipe adapters and have one side cut at a angle ( outward ), welded to a flat pc of 3" x 4" plate that I drilled hole in a bolted to underside of table. Now when I screw legs in they slant outward making the table very solid. I then attached a small box to the underside of the table to put the legs in for transport and storage. Cut a small handhole in the side to carry it. It is my portable Yote table.

Back