Holy smokes...whats wrong with this here video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The person posted a video of a USB bore camera that he bought. A quick Amazon search shows a variety of styles, and here is one for an example. This isn't a cell phone video, and while not the smartest, it is very likely he had the gun in a safe direction while feeding the camera.

So, in addition to being much ado about nothing, this is most likely going to be a drive by post. Would you like to add something to promote a discussion of some sort?

We have no idea what the condition of the gun was, might have just been the slide for all we know.

Cool video...

Torch said:
We have no idea what the condition of the gun was, might have just been the slide for all we know.

Cool video...

Yes, we do know the condition of the gun:

YouTube Video Description said:
This is a bore video of a Taurus PT111 Pro 9mm using a 5.5mm "USB Endoscope Camera bought of Debay for $16, inc. S/H. You could probably find a similar unit on Zamazon as well.

Yes, I know the gun was loaded but safety was on, finger off the trigger, etc.

That said, I could see this product being a great tool for one of my local gun shops that deals exclusively with used guns. The ability to be able to safely look at the bore of a handgun or rifle without handling it makes the process much safer, especially if you are looking at an older muzzleloader, etc. I personally want to get one that will synch with my smartphone.

By "USB" video, does this mean that you can connect it to your desktop via USB cable?

I haven't looked at the product yet, but boroscopes were an immensely useful tool, when I worked for the airlines, for looking at the condition of the burner section and last stage compressor and stage 1 turbine blades.

I have always wished for something like this for bore examinations, and I can see where this would be great for looking at the condition of a bore and for examination of pitted areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back