Holsters for Kahr MK40?

JimR

What holsters are you guys using for the MK40/MK9? Would you get the same one again? I ordered my Xmas present yesterday :)

You are going to love that MK40, I sure do love my MK9. I got it to replace my Walther PPK as an ankle pistol and had Lou Alessi make me an ankle holster with a pull through rentention strap for it. I also tried out his RCMP X-draw Drivers holster, it is not cataloged, but he does make them. I like it so well that I had one made for my Glock 27. I am not a fan of a x-draw but it is a great holster to wear while sitting at the computer, driving in a car, and is my favorite concealment holster when wearing a fleece pullover, swearshirt, or sweater, which is about all I ever need in Austin, Tx. In those situations or wearing those clothes the xdraw with a small gun is a great way to carry. For hip carry with a zip front waist length jacket a BS-2 from M/D Enterprises is the highest riding belt slide made. On the Glock 27 and MK9 the muzzle of the pistol stops at the bottom of the belt. I also think that M/D Enterprises has the most well made vertical scabbard (the SVS) on the market. I really like the way the belt tunnel is designed. If money is a consideration the BS-2 is much less than an SVS.

Lou Alessi: imalessi@compuserve.com
M/D Enterprises: http://www.customholsters.com

[This message has been edited by Jeff OTMG (edited December 19, 1999).]

A friend of mine has the K40. He got a DeSantis speed scabbard for it, but the problem with this is that since this hoslter is made for the lower back, he says every time he bends over, his shirt slides up and reveals it. I got him a Kramer Leather belt scabbard side carry rig. It rides high on the side of the stomach. I have these holsters for all my handguns and love em. They are almost plastic hard, and very comfortable.

[This message has been edited by dent guy (edited December 19, 1999).]

Had a K40, and got the Don Hume IWB holster for it... top strap was a little tight, but once I got it broken in, it was a fine holster.. around $40 as I recall..

Back