HOLSTERS FOR KAHR & KELTEC

Runner

I am looking for a good SOB holster for a Kahr MK9 and also one for a KelTec P11. I like Galco but they do not have any for these specific models. Does anyone know what company might make SOB holsters for these weapons?

I have to ask -- why an SOB holster? IMHO they don't conceal any better than a stong side IWB, and they have some other problems:

1. Can't reach it while seated or driving.

2. Sitting or driving uncomfortable.

3. If you fall backwards, there goes a lumbar vertebra. Like falling on a rock.

4. Very difficult to defend against a gun grab from behind.

I agree with the theory of SOB's being dangerous to your spine, but it's kinda like the arguements for/against a full faced helmet / brain-bucket...

While visiting my wife, wearing my Kahr P9 IWB-SOB, I slipped going down some cement stairs into the "break room" (no pun :) ) Anyway, my feet came straight out from under me, and I landed, with the corner of the step RIGHT into the small of my back, (on the gun of course). Now I got up, and walked it off, with only minor pain the next morning, and nothing in the two months since, but I truely believe that if it hadn't been for the Kahr taking that sharp edge and distributing the impact over a larger area, I could have been severely injured...

My preference is the blade-tech SOB...

http://www.blade-tech.com/storefron...ATEGORY=Holsters&SQLStmt=&ScrollAction=Page+3

My preference however, does NOT extend to the new site that Blade-Tech is sporting :mad:

I just bought a Bianchi IWB for my Kel-Tec. It also said on the box that it fits the Kahr K-9 also. It rides a little higher than I'd like. It feels like it can flip itself out a little too easy, but I haven't had that problem yet. I got it for $21.00 at Adventure Outdoors. This is what I bought:
http://www.bianchi-intl.com

6D%20ATB%20Waistband.jpg

Ben

[Edited by Ben on 02-07-2001 at 02:30 PM]

Thanks for the leads. As far as why not a IWB: I absolutely positively can not comfortably wear an IWB holster. Tried it , can't be done. Unfortunately, my body is just not shaped to accept one.

Galco doesn't make a holster for the P11??? I'm using a Galco RG226 for my P11. Strong side. Course, you want SOB, so order the left handed model and wear it SOB (if you're right handed).

Whatever else this model fits...it fits the Kel-Tec perfectly.

Al

Back