Holster Recommendation for P220

Looking to buy a Christmas gift for a friend with a SIG P220 in .45.

He needs some quality leather (or Kydex, whatever) for his handgun. Can anybody recommend a good carry rig for the P220?

He is currently carrying in a shoulder holster on occasion; but I am looking for a good left-handed rig either IWB or OWB. He's a big guy 6'+ 200lbs+ and is starting to run out of room at the waistline.

Must be a pretty good friend if you are considering getting him custom leather for Christmas. I don't have any friends like that. A P220 is a full sized pistol with a long barrel so I do not recommend a vertical scabbard. If his pants are getting tight an IWB might not be the best idea. I can recommend a I-BAK fron Tony Kanaly (Milt Sparks Leather) or the CQC-S from Lou Alessi. Both are stong side hip holsters, BUT I doubt that you could have either done in time for Christmas.

Get him a gift certificate from one of the custom shops, or maybe a local gunshop, so he can choose the holster he wants.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I think I'll go with the gift certificate idea. I sure don't want to spend money on a custom holster that nobody uses and this way I can have an actual gift in hand for Christmas.

Galco shoulder rig. That's one way I carry mine. I also have the Bianchi M29 (number may be off) which is a simple thumbbreak belt holster. Mind you, duty wear is a different matter.

Back