holster question???

ratrodney

Ive been lookin at holsters for a possible revolver im looking at. For some reason i really like the combat style thats strapless but im worried about having no strap to hold the gun tight.
Are the better style holsters pretty secure at keepin the gun tight while carrying wo a strap to hold the gun tight??
Dont wanna lean over at walmart to get laundry detergent and my weapon flop out on the floor...lol somethin like these.
tnx...Rod:D

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 49
  • s-l400-1.jpg
    s-l400-1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 40
Not much fan of friction in keeping a pistol secure.....have a bias towards thumb snap releases myself.....have five Bianchi Cyclone 111s for different guns....and several older cross strap for my single actions

in reality....if it comes down to a quick draw contest....you have already lost on tactics/awareness...

Last edited:
I think by "strap" you may mean a thumb-break?

Generally, if there's risk of a sidearm falling out of a holster, the holster is defective, sized for a different sidearm, or poorly designed. Holsters which depend on friction to secure a firearm in place generally do so very well, even under pretty severe physical gyrations. The best I've used in this context is any of the Summer Special models by Milt Sparks.

On a few occasions, I've had to "make do" with a loose, defective, or wrong-model belt holster. If you run your pants belt through the holster loops, but around the outside of the holster and cinch it as tight as circulation will allow, you may find that you can "get by" with such holsters temporarily.

If I am carrying a weapon in an OWB holster with a shirt or jacket for concealment, I generally do not use a thumb break. If I am carrying openly, I always use a thumb break. I consider concealment a form of retention.

That said, if you want a secure holster, you either want a good, wet molded holster or one like Simply Rugged, in which it's a deep enough holster that it keeps the gun close with NO risk of falling out.

Back