Holster Help Needed: Ruger Bisley Blackhawk

SRSTAdam51

Hi everyone, recently purchased the Ruger Bisley Blackhawk in 45LC, KRBN-455W. Am looking for a pretty specific type of holster and would love if someone could point me in the right direction, even if it means custom made.

I want a OWB, fairly minimal holster. I have attached a picture of the closest thing I can find (which isnt for sale). Let me know if you have any ideas. My goal is to not have the majority of the gun covered up like most single action holsters.

Attachments

• d8c3ab8e112cc070cf26a84b57acad41.jpg
    d8c3ab8e112cc070cf26a84b57acad41.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 86
It's usually called a "slide" holster.
I've made them before.
The problem I've found with using these with a single action is that if the bottom opening is not cut extra wide, then the ejector rod head gets caught in the withdrawal on the edge of the holster bottom.
So with single actions I prefer the holster to go all the way down to prevent this.

Last edited:
It's usually called a "slide" holster.

I've made them before.

The problem I've found with using these with a single action is that if the bottom opening is not cut extra wide, then the ejector rod head gets caught in the withdrawal on the edge of the holster bottom.

So with single actions I prefer the holster to go all the way down to prevent this.

Thanks for the feedback. I don’t ever carry my single actions but I can definitely see the drawback to this design. This will mainly be used during photo shoots (I’m a photographer) hence the desire to have a nice looking holster, albeit one that doesn’t overly hide the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 on the simply rugged. You can get them as simple or as you desire. I have several and they're one of my favorite.

But.....a holster can be a work of art in itself.
With a beautiful full coverage holster, you can have an ugly gun and still look good at the BBQ!
attachment.php

Attachments

• d553d67fd3ef527ad45578b85e62b49e.jpg
    d553d67fd3ef527ad45578b85e62b49e.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 206
Showy? You want something showy?

I had Mike Barranti make this one up for me, its a combination of his Ethan Edwards holster and his No. 1 Shuck:

Something a little more subtle is his No.1 Shuck, without that silly thong:

And the PS-6SA from Bob Mernickle, on the left, and the two middle ones from Graveyard Jack Gunleather:

Bob Wright

Back