Holster for Taurus 962

BigMikey76

Holster for Taurus 692

Getting a Taurus 692 3" stainless. Not looking for opinions on the gun, I've already ordered it, and I'll make up my own mind once I've lived with it a while. Assuming I like it and want to carry it sometimes, I'll need a holster. Problem is that nobody seems to carry one.

Does anyone know whether it will fit a holster for another more established model? The specs seem really close to a S&W 686+, for example.

Last edited:
Looking around online, I have found a few suggestions for 1791's OWB pancake holster for 3" K frames. Seems like a good fit. Does anyone have experience with 1791 holsters? Are they any good?

692? 9mm/357?

It's built on the Tracker frame. That is Taurus's small/medium frame and the 66 is their medium frame that is more equal to the 686 L frame.

So it's like K frame (almost) to more true L frame in S&W sizing.

Interestingly, there are Tracker holsters around. The Taurus 627 is a 4" Tracker. I would go with that.

Thanks! And yes, it is the .357/9mm.

So all the trackers have the same frame? That is good to know. I don't have a lot of revolver experience (trying to fix that, though!). Will the grips listed for trackers fit, as well? Saw some really nice ones from Altamont that caught my eye...

Back