Holster for S&W 10

marsbars

I have a S&W Model 10 that I would like to start carrying from time to time. However most of the gunshops here have little or no selection of holsters and most are for autos. I would appreciate links to holster retailers, manufactures ect. But please keep it on the affordable side. I have no intention of spending as much on a holster as I paid for the gun.

Your best bet is to go back to the shops and examine the holsters that they have for semi-autos.

The only big difference between these holsters and holsters for revolvers is the kind of gun that they hold.

If you come across a Galco Paddle holster for a 1911, you've got a REALLY good idea about the size, shape, and basic configuration of a Galco Paddle for a K-frame revolver.

It would be a rare holster maker that does not make a holster to fit the ol' Model 10.
Try some of the Uncle Mikes, "Pancake" holsters or Don Hume "Agent" style holsters, they are both good and, at an affordable price.

I'd call the information operator in El Paso, TX for the number of El Paso Saddlery and ask for their address and order their catalog. I'd get their Tom Threepersons design in basketweave stamping. It's also made plain or in floral carved. If you have a Gun Digest handy, the address and 'phone should be in the indices to manufacturers, suppliers, etc. in the back. I don't have time now to look it up. They also make a thumb-break model, and have a "pancake" style for concealed wear.

Or, find a dealer who carries Bianchi products and ask for their No 5 thumb-break. I think that Galco may have a similar model. Finally, look for these and similar older Safariland models at gun shows. At shows, expect to pay $10-40, depending on condition and who's selling it. Sometimes, U.S. military holsters turn up at shows or in, The Shotgun News. One guy mentioned Don Hume. They're good value and well made. In Miami, OK, as I recall. Get the catalog.
Determine how and why you'll wear the gun and select accordingly. If you have access to big gun shows, that may be the best deal. The M&P (M10) deserves a good holster.

Lone Star

El Paso Saddlery makes very nice leather. If however you are not prepared to wait a couple of months to recieve your order try someone else. As has been mentioned, Don Hume has holsters in stock at a reasnable price that will work for you.

Every gun dealer and pawnshop will have a bin for used holsters. These bins are usually in an out of the way place in the shop, so be sure to ask the fellow behind the counter.

The used holsters are cheap and the price can always be haggled down even more. Use some saddlesoap to clean it up then use the shoe polish to make them look like new.

Back