holster for ruger lcr.

Catman42

we will have my wifes new 22 long rifle ruger lcr paid off soon. she wants a holster that will fit in her suv next to her right knee for easy access. it will have to fit against that area where the transmission is. some one here must know of one we can buy to fit that need. i have no idea where to start looking. thanks guys and gals for the info i will get.

Well it's my designated day to be the site's smart....aleck...

Check out the Ruger site, shopruger.com
http://shopruger.com/Double-Action-Revolvers/products/5251/

FWIW I find holsters to be the most excruciatingly frustrating thing to shop for. It's much easier for me to figure out what gun I want next than to buy a holster for a gun have...the reason? I've bought expensive holsters that were very uncomfortable, I've bought cheap holsters (NOTE: DO NOT BUY CHEAP HOLSTERS) that messed up the finish on guns.

Good luck.

i think i replyed abut it somewheres else. found a strong magnet type holster that mounts next to the councel and just holds the gun their for easy access. didnt know their was such a thing but the dealerships who is selling my wife the gun has these gun magnets also. they also had 3 or 4 other ruger lcrs they are selling. one had a purple grip. my wife asked the seller if that one could be put on her gun. so in minutes he exchanged her grip for the purple grip. now it truly is her gun. when we get it im going to do a lot of 20 yard man target shooting with it before we go get out carry permit this winter.

Any of the inexpensive pocket holsters would work for the LCR in the car. I usually carry mine in a Desantis leather holster (N3) than fits close to the body with a shirt hanging down over it (tea shirt usually). I want to get the 38spl version as I like the LCR 22 and can use the same holster. Don't carry the 22 much, but I do sometimes for walks in the woods where I know I won't be shooting.

I know the OP is not looking for a belt holster, but for anyone reading this thread who does want a belt holster, let me suggest the Mitch Rosen leather holsters the Ruger Shop has for sale. I have one for my LCR and it is a high quality holster, as are the other Mitch Rosen holsters I have for two other handguns.

Someone recommended a Simply Rugged holster when I asked. It a belt holster, but it has clips for it if you wanna iwb carry it.

Back