Holster for revolver

For my GP100, 4”, 6 shot, I purchased a Gould & Goodrich holster. Excellent craftsmanship. Don’t think I’d ever carry conceal though unless I had a trench coat or was going for a woods walk

Holsters. Grrrrr.... IMhO holsters are WAY more frustrating to buy than the handgun itself.

That said, Midway is trying to make things easier with their 'Holster Finder'...
https://www.midwayusa.com/holster-finder/

Good Luck.

P.S. My only holster advice that is any good is don't cheap out. I remember someone getting an unlined leather holster that had rust forming on a single action revolver in a matter of days. A quality leather holster will NOT do this.

I carried a 4" S&W Model 586 for awhile with the Don Hume rig:

And another Don Hume rig, gor a Model 19 S&W:

I've found nothing I like better than Don Hume holsters for double action revolvers.

Bob Wright

My 2 1/2" model 66-5 rides in a Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake holster. Plain, nothing fancy, but gets the job done.

I'm a fan of Bianchi, have several similar to the Don Hume. The Hume looks better made though. Been very happy with Bianchi.

For a 4 inch K frame Smith, I prefer a pancake or speed scabbard type in back of the hip.
My original was a Roy's Pancake. Since I've used Bianchi.

Galco Combat Master for my 4 inch GP100
fP58VHS.jpg

its an echo chamber because all are good suggestions.... especially for OWB belt carry, plenty of great rigs out there.

Anyone conceal carry a K-frame or GP100? What holster do you use?

L frame 44 magnum, K frame 357 magnum. Custom Kydex and Don Hume Pancake.

Attachments

• Model 13 KYDEX.jpg
    Model 13 KYDEX.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 26
Simply Rugged has my vote. I have theirs for a S&W 627 and 629 couple of years now and they are great......will out live me for sure.

Also look at Don Hume.

Of course I am one of those who has a couple of drawers full of holsters that were horribly made.

Back