Holster for Redhawk 4.2" ?

My dogs chewed up my $20 Academy Sports holster which fit it perfectly. I could get another one, but I'd rather have something a bit nicer - what say you? Must have a thumb break or some sort of retention - this is a woods gun rig.

Agreed with the Simply Rugged recommendation. I have a 4.2" Redhawk with a Sourdough Pancake holster and it's a great combination. I do a lot of backcountry hiking with that set up and it's been working for me for several years.

Another happy Simply Rugged pancakce user here. Gun is up out of the way and tight against the body.

Running a chainsaw out in bear country - SR pancake. Multiday canoe trip? SR pancake. Spot and stalk moose hunting in high underbrush/ low forest? SR pancacke.

Concealed carry under a bulky sweater or blazer, but you want to bring the big hammer? SR pancake.

The biggest problem carrying a Redhawk is the weight of the thing, no holster is going to change that. The simplyrugged pancake puts that weight in - on my body- the most comfortable possible spot.

Try to find used one in the internetz-- that you can't find one should tell you something.

I will add that you also need a good belt - you might already have one since you have had the thing a while. Lots and lots of good belts to choose from in the $75-100 range, love my Mernickle.

EDIT: don't bother with the flap top for the pancacke. I think mine is oficially a "flap jack" but I haven't had the flap out of the garage in over two years. Just the plain old "pancake" will do it all.

Oh, OK. So "The Tribute" being the only high retention (thumb strap) model, other than the full flaps?

Actually, they don't have any models with a strap for the Redhawk, unfortunately - the Tribute isn't made for the Redhawk. Darn. Any other suggestions?

Back