Holster Cant (FBI versus straight)

Blue Duck357

Is it just me, my build, doing it wrong etc or are the canted holsters a lot slower and more akward to draw from than a straight drop?

I think it depends on a person's build and preference.I find that the FBI cant will draw faster for me.Crossdraw even faster but harder to conceal.

I also like FBI cant, but I tend to wear the holster well behind the hip for concealment. I believe a low-riding straight drop holster would be faster in a quick-draw contest, but there concealment is not an issue.

straight drop holsters are faster if you tend to draw straight up and then "punch" the gun out toward your target. faster if you are longer waisted or shorter limbed

the FBI cant (11 degrees) is faster if you draw forward, bending forward at the waist and pulling the gun "forward" out of the holster toward the target

the further back you wear your holster the more the cant will help during the draw. if you think your holster is slowing your draw, you might try moving it further behind your hip.

Canted works for me from behind the hip point. Vertical works for me if from ahead of the hip point.

Sam.

Recognize that you won't always draw while in an upright standing position. Try drawing while seated on a couch or automobile seat and you'll find that the FBI-canted holster is a bit easier to use.

Rosco

Back