Hollowpoints in draco nak 9?

CAPMJUSTICE

I'm interested in getting a cheap starter PCC(p), pistol caliber carbine ... in "pistol format", and have been looking at the draco Nak 9 and nak 9x. But I'm wanting it to eventually be a home defense project so I want it to be able to feed hollowpoints. Anyone have experience? Will it feed, and if not does anyone have another "cheap-ish" recomendation?

Cheap and Hi-Point just go together like ham and eggs (or maybe tofu sausages and Egg Beaters).

Knowledgeable firearm folks usually cannot bear to type in the letters "Hi-Point" on their computers. Spell check mercifully changes it to the much more acceptable "High Standard"...lucky for you I'm here:
https://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/hi-point-carbines/hi-point-9mm-carbine.php
Good Luck.
Disclaimer: I've never owned a Hi-Point product (so do I get to remain a member here?) but I've actually heard good things about them...like they are reliable if not "pretty". Once again, good luck.

Anyone have experience? Will it feed, and if not does anyone have another "cheap-ish" recomendation?

No personal experience with that particular gun, sorry.

I would point out that even when a gun is "known" to feed or not feed certain ammo, the gun in your hands could be different.

if the maker is still in business, ASK THEM. And, if they say it will feed hollowpoints, ask them what they do if it doesn't.

If they say it won't feed hollowpoints, accept that. And be aware that it still might. only testing your gun with your ammo will prove anything.

I had one of the Auto Ordnance semi auto Tommyguns. Maker said right in the manual the gun was made for 230gr FMJ and that is all they recommended.

MY gun would feed FMJ, LRN, LSWC and JHP bullets perfectly all day long. Other people I've talked to having the same make & model, had guns that would not do that.

If the maker says it will, and it doesn't then they have an obligation to fix that. If they don't make the claim, then you get what you get. Its always a dice roll, every gun and ammo combination CAN behave differently. Most don't, but all CAN.

Good Luck

Can't say anything about Hi-Points from personal experience, either. They're "fugly" but the "word" is that they work, or Hi-Point fixes or replaces them without any reluctance.

Back