holcaust remembrance

shiv

Inactive
I have just read in the Connecticut Post on April 11 about all the upcoming Holocaust remembrance programs in the week ahead. I feel it is important to never forget what has transpired in the past but I feel it is equally important to assure that such things never happen again.
It is my beliefs that hope without action is meaningless. Candle lighting and choirs are nice but they do not assure that such a travesty will never be repeated.
Traditionally Jews have followed the example of Jacob, the man of books and learning. One skill that the path of Jacob has taught us is that it is good to be the victim. It puts you on the moral high ground. I however do not think it is ever in a people's best interest to take aggression and focused, unremitting hatred directed at themselves without resisting from the beginning.
In Germany the Jews felt the hatred and the propaganda but thought Hitler was just a fad. How wrong they were! When they began to resist it was too late. The Nazis had already outlawed Jews from firearm ownership and without that right how could they resist? The very same right our government in this state and in this country is trying to strip away from us.
It could never happen here, is that what you say? Don't bet on it. We say the world would have stopped the Holocaust if they knew but look at Kosovo! CNN is there and still we barely do anything. Rely on the goodness of the world community to save you and your ethnic group from genocide? Thanks, but I won't hold my breath.
So what to do? As I said before, hope without action is meaningless. My suggestion is that every person that would not like to see a holocaust or any form of genocide happen again should go to a gun store, purchase a box of ammunition in either .45 caliber, 9mm, .308, .223 or 12 gauge and donate it to a local synagogue to show that you are willing to take some action to fight hate. It' s not a pretty or politically correct solution but it will make a statement. It says stop being victims.
Show those who think ethnic cleansing is a good idea what you really think by your support. The Jews in WWII, the people of Kosovo today, and tomorrow perhaps your ethnic group.

shiv, good points. Seems like a good time to remind new folks of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership: http://www.jpfo.org/ . Membership is open to any law-abiding citizen (interpreted as supporting the U.S. Constitution) believing in the RKBA.

[This message has been edited by Jeff Thomas (edited April 11, 1999).]

I would like to note that the few who did fight back had been a real nuisance to the enemy. Israelis have learned from the experience. Too bad the American-born Jews have not emulated the Isralis in this one respect.

------------------
Cornered Rat
ddb.com/RKBA Updated March 20
"Turn in your guns, get a a free tattoo on your arm"

Jewish tradition has always rejected resistance to evil because it has almost always been counter-productive. A minority group surrounded by enemies cannot effectively rebel without the possibility of being wiped out, so the Jews have always put survival of the community before individual welfare.

In addition, Jews had no guns for hunting, because the killing of animals for food must be done in a ritualistic manner, impossible in a hunt.

The German laws banned sale of arms to Jews, but the fact is that Jews were very disinclined toward taking up arms even had they had them.

Part of the evil of the Nazi regime is that its slaughter was carried out on unresisting victims. Many Jews will not forget that simple fact; others have learned the wrong lesson and depend on laws to protect them.

But the law and promises of rights can be weak crutches. Remember that everything the Nazis did was perfectly legal under their law (a law cannot be illegal; it is a contradiction in terms). The Holocaust was carried out legally; no one was ever prosecuted in a Nazi court for the killings, although some SS men were prosecuted for stealing Jewish money or jewelry that was to have gone to the state.

In the upside down world of the crooked cross, mass murder was legal and praiseworthy; petty theft was severely punished.

The Holocaust was genocidal. What's going on in Kosovo is not. Genocide is the effort to kill all or most of an ethnic group.

Otherwise, I'm in accord with the previous posts...

Best regards, Art

Back