Hogue Grip on LCP 2 is a game changer!

jman841

While the Ruger LCP 2 is not a top choice for a range gun, I am extremely impressed with how much more comfortable it is to shoot after adding the Hogue grip.

The recoil is still snappy, but does not hurt the webbing of your hand at all and I put 150 rounds through it today without feeling sore or wanting to stop. Previously, without the grip, after about 50 rounds you can really feel the gun pounding into the webbing of your hand between your thumb and index finger.

For anyone who has an LCP 2, I highly recommend the Hogue grip!

I found the same thing to be true with an LC9S pro. The Houge grip did not add significantly to the width of the pistol, but it's softened the edges and added just enough with an additional trigger reach, to make the gun much more comfortable in my hand and accurate.

Good point on accuracy as well! I was really impressed with how accurate this little gun can shoot when I do my part. Very pleased with it overall! now I just need to find some .380 Hollow points in stock somewhere.

I put one on my LCP. Didn't help with recoil, but helped to control the gun in my hand. I've got large hands and without it, the gun would torque in my hand.

Recoil was never an issue, but follow up shots were. I was damn impressed with the Hogue and put one on my Glock 36. I put it on the 36 mostly because I hate finger grooves.... it takes up some grip space.

I had a Hogue grip on my LCP custom but I took it off. Yes it helps a lot when shooting but it also made the grip quite a bit wider. I pocket carry the gun in jeans and the extra width hampered my draw.

I can also vouch for the Hogue grip on the LCP, the one with the replacement frame pin included. Big difference in reducing felt recoil.

I found the Ruger 7-round magazine has made my LCP 2 more fun to shoot. I liked it with the 6-round mag, but I can get back on target faster with accuracy with the 7-round mag. I only go out to 7 yards with the LCP at the range.

The little bit of recoil from my first gen LCP was never an issue. But I did put on a Hogue HandAll grip sleve that just makes it fill my hand a little better.

I have the Hogue® Handall™ sleeve with pin and it has made my first-generation LCP much easier to shoot and control. I highly recommend it!

Back