hodgdon pistol pellets?

I have used them in my 60 and 58. Used a Remington #10 cap like usual. There are designed with a hole in the center and Hodgdon say you got to have the hole for better powder ignition. When pressing down the ball you feel as the pellet just starts to crunch and stop there. There was quite a few pellets in the container that were broken as they are loose, unlike the muzzleloader rifle pellets.

I tried them but did not like them all that much and use the granular Pyrodex or 777. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info.Is there any other brand of pellets for a pistol and also do you use a wad between ball and pellet?

Hodgdon are the only pellets I have heard of. I have used a wad and not. I use .454" LBs and Crisco over the chamber.

I use them once in a while in my Ruger Old Army. They are convenient, that is the biggest advantage. I can take a box with me and just put one in the cylinder. Makes loading quicker. No problems with igniton as long as they are stored dry. I kind of like them but have a hard time finding them in stores.

They are convenient. They are also on the pricey side compared to granular. I have found they are in good supply at the local Gander Mtn. Also at my local gun shop but the guy who runs it is a bp enthusiast.

Back