Hodgdon Hybrid 100 equivalent?

Prof Young

Loaders:
Somewhere along the way I acquired a pound of Hodgdon Hybrid 100. I'm having a hard time finding formulas for it, (even on the Hodgdon site) and am wondering if there is an equivalent that would have load data I could find and use.

I'm hoping to load some 7.62x54R with it, but I know that may not be possible. Trust me that I will not proceed without reliable formulas.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Substituting data is a VERY BAD idea. With a very few exceptions there is no such thing as an equivalent powder you can use the same load data for.

I don't see any data for this powder with this cartridge. If you must use it, call the powder maker and ask. They may have a recommended starting point for you to work up from. Perhaps someone with quick load can give you a ballpark.

Last edited:
I like the Hodgdon chart. It gives Pressures and compressed references... Hodgdon has been my favorite reference books in the past and now with being online updates. Its the way to go. In my opinion.

Yeah, it is 100 V

I hadn't noticed before but yeah, there is a V on the label. (see pic below).

The Hodgdon tables are great. I had a hard time finding 7.62x54R at first, but it's there. But I don't have those powders and it will be a while before I do. Ah well.

Most of what I read above is what I suspected, but one's gotta ask.

Lots to learn, lots to learn.

Life is good
Prof Young

Attachments

• 100 V.jpg
    100 V.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 16
Yes, it is a bit slow. Even at 100% case fill with a 174-grain bullet, QuickLOAD showed peak pressure barely in the starting load range. You might be able to get somewhere with 200-grain bullets and heavier. The 215-grain Woodleigh or the 320-grain Frontier, for example.

Back