HK91/SA SAR8 - good deal or not?

Reboot

Inactive
I just purchased a Springfield SAR8 from a friend of mine and I think I got a pretty decent deal (I trust him) but I just want to get opinions from the group. Here is is:
Springfield SAR-8 (approx 500 rounds fired)including -
HK bipod
HK PSG-1 Grip
Full adjustable MSG-90 buttstock
ARMS Claw scope mount
Redfield LE 3-9x50 scope

All this for $2200. Good deal or no? As an aside, I just picked up a PSG-1 trigger mechanism for $349 at the last gun show. I will be dropping it in immediately.

So think it was a good deal or should I have gotten another AR (I have 5 already but you can never have too many!)

Another AR? You should watch the discovery channel's SEAL show, was on about 2 weeks ago you would be proud to own a 308 after hearing the verbal thumping the M16 got compared to the M14. This was said by one of the SEAL instructors I believe, the gist of it was the M14 had real power, not a punny 5.56mm.

I believe springfield stopped importing these gun thanks to atf,so the value should be farily high, hell Hk's use to be resonable, but not anymore in our fn political climate, sorry wasnt much help on price I usually buy M14 type rifles, but will buy 91 in future, my buddy bought Hk-91 last year with 3 mags for 2400.00 if that helps you.

------------------
The beauty of the second Amendment is that it is not needed until they try to take it. T JEFFERSON

Reboot - if you think it was a good deal, then it was. I bought an HK 91 (German made 1980) with a bag of accessories that would make you drool for 3500$. I think I got a fair deal in todays market.
BTW, would you sell or trade that MSG-90 buttstock? E-mail me if you're interested.

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

Reboot,

Let us know how that PSG-1 trigger group performs after you put some rounds through it. I got my SAR8 about a year and a half ago, and have most of the stuff you mentioned, except I got the standard 91 stock. Thinking of selling it and getting the MSG-90 stock. I paid about the same price you did for the gun and all the goodies, and I thought I got a damn good deal. After you get that scope on and zeroed, it'll impress the poop outta ya. The claw lock mounts will too. They hold your zero surprisingly close. Good luck, and have fun with your most excellent weapon.

oberkommando,
I like the .308 round. In fact, a few weeks ago I just picked up a Springfield Armory M14 IDF model. Not a bad deal. Israeli Defense Force model comes with M14,Nimrod scope,scope mount,Harris bipod, 20 rd mag & carrying case. Shoots awesome. Recoil is not too bad once I got used to it. Accurate? You betcha. Was able to shoot quick 3 shot group <1" once I sighted it in. Was even considering another M1A Super Match before I got my SAR8. If I had the bucks I'g get a Super Match or M21.
Blades67. Sorry but I just got the thing (actually I get to pick it up this Friday) so I doubt I'll be selling anything off it yet. I want to shoot it, then drop in the PSG-1 trigger and then be happy with life. I still want to replace the barrel though. Maybe get a nice long match grade barrel. Any ideas where I can find someone to actually do the work????

Back