HK91 - Information please!!!!!

Cheesehead

Once again I need to tap into the knoweledge base out there.

Can you fine folks give me some sources of information on the HK91? Web sites, books, magazine articles, etc........

I'm looking to buy one and need to do the basic research required to make a wise choice.

For a basic history of the development of the delayed blowback roller lock action, you can pick up a copy of W.H.B. Smith's Small Arms of the World. Even better is his book, The Book of the Rifle which discusses how the original concept (Mauser Stgw 45) went to Spain to reach maturity as the CETME and from thence, the failed contract to produce the FN-FAL and HK's adoption of the CETME design as the G3. The book, Project 64 discusses the MP5 submachinegun and while it appears to be gleaned from information provided at the HK armorer and operator course, does provide some insight into HK. I'd stay away from books by Duncan Long. There is nothing that I can get from him that I can't learn from a catalog or material published by the maker.

The definitive book documenting the history of H&K and their firearms has yet to be written. Anyone publisher care to give me an advance?

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Ya'll seem to have a pretty good grasp on the history of this fine weapon and its attendant systems and derivatives.

Sorry for the uglyness of this question, but I have always wondered.

Were Herr Kock and Herr Heckler Nazis?

According to Duncan Long's "HK Assault Rifle Systems", Edmund Heckler and Theodor Koch were design team leaders at the Mauser Werke on the German's StG45 project in WWII.

Edmund Heckler, Theodor Koch and Alex Seidel founded Heckler & Koch, GmbH. Heckler & Koch is currently owned by Royal Ordnance, a subsidiary of British Aerospace Engineering.

HK 1949-2000, available only in German at this time.

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

[This message has been edited by blades67 (edited December 23, 1999).]

Back