HK91 - Accessory Pricing?

Cheesehead

Once more I come seeking knowledge.

Can anyone give me price ranges on the following original HK accessories?

Ejector Buffer

Carry Handle

PSG-1 Trigger Group

Scope-ready Stock w/Extended Rubber Buttplate

Thanks in advance for your help.

Let's get this one out there first: I just bought 5 FMP-made alloy G3 mags from InterOrdnance for $20 apiece. It's the best price you're likely to see, ever again.

Carry handles are about $40.

That's about all I can find right now.

Buffers are about $20 to $30, depending on who has them.

Handles are around $40. I wouldn't bother with this one.

The PSG-1 trigger group is about $400 anymore. Pricey, but the best going. If too dear, contact Williams Trigger Specialties. He does very good work.

Stocks vary a lot. None are cheap, but they get outrageous in short order. Best is the MSG90 stock. It runs about $350+. PSG-1 stock is around $450 or so. The so-called cheekpiece stock is $250. It's the only one that can mount the extended rubber pad, that's usually around $30-40.

Go check the Quality Parts Co (Bushmaster) web site. They stock a pretty big selection of HK parts and have the PSG-1 grip, stock, and trigger group at pretty good prices. They also have the carry handle and the MSG-90 stock. The ejection port buffer, last time I saw one, was $50. HK isn't (and hasn't been for quite a while) making them anymore. A couple of HK licensees have made smaller lots of them over the last few years, but they tend to sell out pretty quick. This may prove to be the hardest part in you list to find, but if you do, get two. They are worth it, especially if you reload, since they minimize the dents to the side of the shell. The Quality parts site is at http://www.bushmaster.com/ Happy hunting, and if your serious about getting all these parts, I hope you ready to spend a pretty nice chunk of change. At this point, I think I've got more $$ invested in parts and accessories that I do in the HK91 they go to. I love it, but I don't know if I'd do it all again, given the chance.

I'm not so sure the buffer is cost effective on HK91s either. Most guys who buy them say they'll reload for their '91. I my experience, the over-sized fluted chamber makes reloading impractical. Brass swells so badly it can be incredibly hard to resize. If I needs accuracy handloads for my SR9, I use older brass and don't plan on seeing it ever again.

Back