HK45 Compact Tactical - Question about barrel

Micahweeks

I just purchased an HK45 Compact Tactical. Love it. But there's plenty of reviews singing the praises of this gun, so I won't pile any more on. Let's just say it is phenomenal all around.

My question is this. I want to take this gun and make it my concealed carry gun. I am switching the high profile sights to the Vickers Tactical U-notch and gold bead. I tried that on a Glock 19 and really like it. But, what about the barrel? Do I just pick up a regular HK45c barrel when they come back in stock? Or is there anything different about the gun that would require me to get something different? I saw on one sight they list a different part number for a non-threaded HK45c barrel than the HK45c barrel I found with their search function. But I can't tell any difference between the two. They seem to be the same length and shaped the same all the way around, so I'm kind of confused as to whether or not there is some difference I'm not seeing.

Thanks for your help!

I purchased an HK barrel from hk-USA.com in Columbus,Ga. . HKParts.net also has them but I like dealing with HKCS. The threaded and standard barrels are interchangeable. I switch them out a lot. Just be sure the barrel you purchase is made by HK.

Back