HK VP9 slide lock issues

Ewilcox

Inactive
I purchased my VP9 barely a year ago. The very first time I took it to the range the slide stopped locking back after about 100 rounds. First it would release while loading a new magazine. Then it started releasing regardless of loading a mag, if a mag is present or not. Of course my first thoughts were my grip. Unfortunately it made no difference. I can hold it at the bottom of the grip and just barely shake it and it will release. I even ordered a new slide lock and replaced it. It helped for about a week and has returned to releasing at will just from regular testing not even being shot. I have even had it release with no movement if I just wait long enough after locking it. Any insight would be very much appreciated.

Definitely contact HK. But I wonder, was the leading edge of the old slide lock rounded, or otherwise different, from the new one you bought?

If your the original owner? Lifetime warranty applies. Have the FFL holder where bought send it back. " Having a FFL dealer involved is very important." He's got skin in the game and has important people references if the pistol ends up missing in its too & back shipping.
Wow! look at those "devil in the house numbers" I rolled up. :eek:

Both slide locks were the same. I figured it would have the same result but tried anyway. I am the original owner and have sent it back to H&K today. Thank you for the input it’s much appreciated.

Back