HK USP variant questions for a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roach

Inactive
I'm very not familiar with the HK USP line, though after shooting a USP9 compact, I am seriously considering purchasing one. However, my knowledge of the USP line (or technical firearm knowledge for that matter), is relatively limited. I've seen the USP variant charts, however, I am still unclear as to what some of the fire modes and control functions do individually, as well as in combo with others. Can someone please educate me so I can make the correct variant choice? Thanks in advance.

Roach,

Most of the USP's you will find follow this format...

-saftey/decocker lever on left side.
-saftey function
-decocker function
-protruding hammer

What I'm saying is that most of the USP's you will find at gun shows and gun stores will all be pretty much standard. It's up to you to ship your weapon to H&K and have them modify it to the different varients.

Unicron,

Thanks for the info. So what you are saying is that the USP series has a standard variant when new, from the factory. I see.

What would be a good price for a new USP9 compact? I've seen the prices range from the lower $400 to $600+.
Thanks again.

I saw a new USP9 for $489 and a new USP9 Compact for $529 at a gun show in Houston earlier this month. Most of the USPs I have seen are Variant 1 - safety/decocker mounted on the left side for right-handed operation.

Unicron,

I have tried most of the indoor ranges in Houston. I usually go to Texas Shooters Range. It is well-kept, clean, and reasonably priced.

If you want to try a range with a great selection of rental guns, try Red's in Austin. It was worth the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back