HK USP Expert 9mm - it is approved for Production ?.

jkushner1

Inactive
I shoot IPSC, IDPA and Steel, Is my HK USP Expert 9mm approved for Production class.

The USPSA's Aprroved gun list reads (for HK):

H&K USP, USP Compact, USP Custom Sport, VP70Z, P9S (only with 100mm barrel), P8, P2000 , P7.

On the HKPRO Website, I found an excerpt that read: " Formed from a hard core competitive shooting cadre made up of three Columbia, Missouri police officers and an aging, yet still ambulatory captain, HK has generously provided a limited sponsorship for our competitions. Holsters and mag pouches are courtesy of Blade-Tech, Inc. There is also a west coast contingent of the HK Shooting Team, made up of veteran master shooters Bruce Gray and Mike Boyd. They primarily compete with the USP Expert in .40 caliber in USPSA/IPSC competitions, though Mike is the current California IDPA champion. We will soon have photos of them, to include on the page here".

I guess if Ben White and Bruce Grey were shooting IPSC with the expert its legal - maybe, maybe not.

Does anyone have Bruce Grays email address.

Thanks,
Jon

The HK team is history now. With the change in ownership of HK a year ago, the team was disbanded. Bruce and Mike were shooting Expert40 in Limited both were using the hicap Expert mags.

In IPSC, Expert is illegal because of the barrel length. USPSA allows a barrel length of 5.5 inches so it should be legal. You should double check to be sure.

Thanks Scooter

Thanks Scooter - I'm waiting for Sedro Woolley and John Amidon to get back to me, if they approved the G-34/35 for Glock, the Expert should be legal. But I'm still waiting for Mr. Amidon's verdict.
TY
Jon

Back