HK USP .45

shooter.45

Just put on layaway until my paperwork clears. It is the Full size one. Does anyone have one of these and how are they, How do they shoot any probs ??

Thanks I am a little excited :D

I carrry a H&K USP .45 fullsize on duty each and every day. I feel that it is a very good weapon system, matter of fact I trust my life with the weapon. I have found it to be reliable and accurate. I replaced the sights with nightsights, and keep it clean and oiled. Overall I feel that it is a very good weapon. I was not issued the weapon, I purchased it myself.

Don't own one, but have fired one. If the 1911 Gov't didn't exist and this one did the USP .45 would be my favorite handgun. I shot about 50 rounds through it at the range, very accurate, no FTF. The gun was very controllable in my hands(my buddy didn't like it much, he prefered the Glock 30).

For me I think the fact that the gun is very solid all around, and the looks of it give me that extra thumbs up. Some day I will own one of these, they seem like great guns from my experiences with them. I think that you will be very happy.

I have one, it's a great gun, super accurate, never a fail to feed of fire in 3 years. The only drawbacks are the unplesant double action trigger and the magazines. There are no pre ban mags and the post bans cost around $50 each and strike me as poorly constructed.

You've chosen a fine pistol, enjoy.

Absolutely my favorite pistol out of all I have tried. No malfunctions in over 1400++ rounds. Accurate as I am, tough as nails, can carry cocked and locked. Congrats on the purchase!

I have owned a polygonal barrel USP45f for over a year now and have over 2000 rounds through it. I put in a match trigger (nice!), replaced the manual safety with a decocker only (I am not really a manual safety fan and dont carry "cocked-and-locked"), and added a UTL flashlight to the bottom of it.

I now use it as my primary home defense weapon after the 2000+ rounds of failure free shooting.

Well...

Not really true.

I had three failures to fire using my own reloads that I screwed up the primers on. You know, slightly offset primers that got all screwed up in the pocket and I didnt notice till they were chambered. Yuk!

But really, every new load and every factory load from meek to monster (including some 230gr 1000fps+ +P+ rounds) has fired accurately, on time and on the money.

I love my pistol!

J.T.

The fullsize USP45 is great! Very accurate, reliable, and nice looking too! Chambers any style bullet from LSWCs to Golden Saber HPs. Handles light target loads to +Ps, even 45 Super though I've never tried it. Had a minor problem with some of my reloads: incomplete lockup, round not fully chambered. Replaced with a slightly heavier recoil spring and polished the breechface and extractor and the problem has gone away.

It's one of my favorite pistols. Recoil is very well managed by that dual recoil spring setup. Very accurate and dependable. DA trigger is not very good, but SA is excellent.

Ditto... MUCH love for my HK USP45. No troubles... Primary HD pistol with UTL attached. Only time I ever tried to sell/trade it was for a USP40, because I found some hi-caps... Changed my mind.

I plan to put a match barrel, ambi safety, (www.ccfa.com) and maybe ghost-ring sites (seen 'em, can't find 'em) on it.

I don't agree that the mags are cheaply made, in fact I feel the opposite, but $42 for a 10 rounder is still ridiculous.

Rest assured you made a sound, reliable choice.

Onslaught:

Looking for ghost rings? Try this...

http://www.entreprise.com/ghostrings.htm

I don't have them on my Tactical(yet), but am planning on it. I read from several posters on the HKPro board that they work great. And though it may not mean anything to you (it doesn't to me), I also read that they are used exclusively by one of the SEAL teams (on their 226s, not USPs).

Back