HK USP .40 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Bull

Just some quick questions:

How many rounds do the hi-cap .40 caliber USP's hold?

How much are the mags?

How many rounds does the USP compact .40 hold?

thanks!

------------------
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
- Jack, Fight Club

Both Full Size and Compact have 12rd hi-cap mags. Civilian mags hold 10 for each too. Civilian Mags run around $40. Good luck finding the hi-caps. I don't know if I would want the extra two rounds for what they are going to cost.

Dutch

Ummm, no.

Full size USP40 high-caps hold 13 rounds, compacts hold 12.

Ten round mags cost $20 or $25 tops, or you're getting ripped off.

High caps are rare, but available, and somewhat expensive - about $75 is fair.

Uh..(backpeddling) you are right Morgan. The full size hi-caps are 13. I misread that to take it to mean with one in the chamber. I stand corrected.

Send link for mags please. They have them for my Compact that cheap too?

Dutchboy

Well, the price for the 13 rounders made the deal I just got that much sweeter.

USP 40 fullsize, 1 10rd & 1 13rd for $412 out the door.

Yeah it's got some holster wear but it shoots nice.

My first handgun and I got a great deal, i'm happy. :)

Dutch - no link, just keep digging. There were two at last weekend's gunshow in Denver for $75 a piece (full size). Other tables had them for $200! I've never even seen a pre-ban mag for the compacts, but I've never really looked, either.

If there's a dealer near you that does a lot of law enforcement sales he'd be your best bet at snagging some high-caps at a reasonable price.

For ten rounders, KY Imports has them for full size USPs for $18. I left my Shotgun News at home, but they probably have decent prices on compact mags. CDNN is pretty good, too.

You won't see any "pre-ban" magazines for the USP Compacts. The COMPACT was introduced after the '94 crime bill so all hi-cap "compact" magazines are LEO only. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is the case.

John-in-NC, you should be jailed for theft for that purchase! Enjoy the USP!

CMOS

------------------
Join GOA, NRA, LEAA and vote.

found a used UPS 40 full sized, 2 13rd hi cap mags, and a laser sight the price was 550, I shot it and it was really nice. I didn't end up getting it though, I can get anyone the phone number of the store since I think they still have it. just email me-k-

[This message has been edited by 18908148 (edited November 18, 1999).]

The 45 came out after the ban, and there are hicaps for it on the market. HK says they are non-marked contraband from military contracts, so buyer beware.

There are hicaps for the Walther P99 in 9mm and 40 out there too BTW, another post-ban pistol.

------------------
>>>>---->

John-Superb deal! I hope you really like it.

Morgan-Wow, "price may vary" really means a lot here. Thanks for the tips I'll dig around before I buy. I have the two ten rd mags that came with it now. I wouldn't mind having at least one more with the tapered base plate. Wonder If I can just buy the base plate and save some money?

My Compact Manual is dated 1997. Guess finding LEO mags will be tough. Would they be illegal?

Dutch

Sounds like the compact mags would all be post-ban, therefore illegal for non LEO/military.

I think I'll snag any more USP highcaps (any caliber) if they're at a good price. If I don't need 'em, I'll sell them here at cost.

I got a full-size USP .45 before the ban, and have some 12 round hi-caps.
I hope that no one else knows that rumor, BrokenArrow, or else I could be wrongfully accused.

I may be interested in selling a .45 USP hi-cap or two, BTW, but they are brand new, and go for the low market cost of $125. I have seen them for $175. $125 is a good price if anyone wants one or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back