HK USP .40: Full or Compact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKrob

Well, after a little "go 'round" with my SigPro, I've decided to cut my losses and sell the damn thing.

I shot a USP .40 Compact tonight at the range. It was sweeter than candy! So, I've decided the USP is probably my next purchase.

My question to everyone is: Full-size or Compact?

Here are some factors to consider:
- I will probably shoot the gun in IDPA.
- Concealment is somewhat of an issue, and I'm a fairly thin guy.
- It will be my main home defense gun.

Both models feel great in my hand.

Any an all input is greatly appreciated - even suggestions for other guns.

AKrob

I personally prefer the Compact size. It seems to fit my hand a lot better than the full size. I'm about 5'10 185 so I'm a bit on the slender side also. I can conceal my compact 9 no probs in a Blade-Tech IWB. I can't imagine doing that with the full size.

What other guns have you looked at? I also have a Glock 23(well it is actually a G32 with a drop in .40 factory barrel) which is a great carry piece. On the other hand you either like Glocks or you don't.

I really like the feel of the HK Compact though. The one thing I DON'T like are the factory sights and the "grip material". I'll probaly go with Ashleys and I do use a Houge Handall on it.

Good Luck

Concurr with the Compact 40. If you even consider CCW then the compact is the way to go.

Also, unless you can get a hold of some pre-ban magazines (for $100-%175 each), both USP and USP-C will have the same capacity.

I have both the USP and USP Compact in 9mm. Love them both.

CMOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back