HK USC

Andrew

What does everyone think of this thing? I haven't read anything about it here yet.

First thing, I wouldn't buy it. I'm not into guns that are butchered for PC reasons. I also probably wouldn't buy it even if it was an exact semi-auto version of the UMP, because I see no use for pistol-caliber carbines, although I'd love to own the real UMP sub-gun.

Anyway, I think HK did a better job at Klintonizing :-) the UMP to make the USC than they did to make the G36 into the SL-8. Other than the ridiculous color (these guns would look more at home on my computer desk than in my gun safe), the USC looks pretty good. The "skeletonized" stock looks a lot better than most bunghole stocks, certainly better than the SL-8 stock. I think if they offered it in black it would be a decent-looking weapon.

What is everyone else's opinion on the USC? anyone heard what it costs?

Way over priced, just like the SL-8. It was selling at $1100 before it was banned here in So. Cal. If you want a .45ACP shoulder weapon, buy a tough little Marlin Camp 45.

I was eyeing the USP45 at a gun show recently and I thought it was very cool. The problems I have with it are:

1) ugly grey color (though I think they are available in black)

2) 10 round mags, no hicaps at all.

3) the price

Still, I'm enough of an HK fan to consider purchasing one anyway.

Then, I came to my senses and realized if I wanted a hi-cap pistol calibre rifle, I could get an AR-15 with a .45 ACP upper.

It's cheaper (around $800), hicap (the one I want uses converted pre-ban 28 round grease gun mags), and it's that evil black color :)

I bought one despite it being *Klintonized*. It was appealing to me and I dished out the moola. The hicap issue can be taken care of by buying more mags. The rifle shoots very well and I never thought twice about returning it. *Why didn't you save the money and buy an AR?- some might ask.* I already have one. YES the USC45 has its flaws but they don't bother me a bit.
I never mix politics with pleasure. :)
Oh, I believe you can send the rifle in to Robar and have the polymer painted black. I've seen a pic of a black USC and it looks outstanding.

[This message has been edited by Spirex288 (edited February 04, 2000).]

Back