HK Tactical .45 ACP

ROCK-n-GLOCK

I just bought a .45ACP Tactical model for 795.00, NIB with the soft case, cleaning kit, extra Orings and 2 mags. I have shot HK's before and am anxious to get this bad boy to the range. I called BAR-STO and they are making barrels for the Tactical in .400 Corbon, .40Super, .45Super and .45ACP with or without(upon request) the O-ring.

The .40Super is a bad ass round that I love to shoot out of my Glock 21. This might be the ideal HK-kick-butt round....any hoo, will post a range report next week after I rcv the gun and fire it to test........40Super is the round most .40+ rounds want to be.........

HK-----the bad boy

The HK tactical can handle 45 super and 45 SMC with no problem. Check out the HKpro and parkcitiestactical sites for lots of info from people who have and love this pistol. In any case, you don't need a different barrel for 45 ACP, 45 super, or 45 SMC, though you'll want a heavier recoil spring for anything other than 45 ACP.
Hmm, it looks like triton has discontinued 45 super and replaced it with 45 SMC. It will give your 45 a little more zip, for certain.

Robert, yeah I hear that alot from the 10MM crowd, but what I like about it is I can have 10MM performance in my ACP with just a barrel/spring change as opposed to having to buy a new gun. That's what makes the 45ACP such a versatile gun...options!

h_tolley, thanks for the input. Been waiting for the 450SMC to come out on their webpage. Was supposed to be released in Feb but not yet...Guess I'll give them a call.

I have fired .45 Super thru my Tac without any changes. I would not do it routinely in stock config, but a few here and there should be fine. When I carry it, it's loaded with Triton .45 Super.

ROCK-n-GLOCK

With the money you will spend on the specialized barrel, springs and whatever else needed to shoot 40 Super, you would be more than half way to owning a Glock 20. Add the cost difference in ammunitions and you're there. A new G20!
And two guns is always more fun than one! :)

Robert

Robert, Yes that's kinda true....

New barrel 200.00
Spring 12.00

Rounds I already have.......So it would take another 270.00 to get the model 20. That's another barrel or goodies for my other guns!

Plus it's one less gun to have to worry about. I prefer the barrel/spring method, besides .40Super is as easy to get as 10MM is, IRT brass and bullet loads etc....

I am a .45ACP guy at heart, with a litte flirtation to "hotrod" stuff every now and then......

Back