HK SL-8 magazine modification?

Unfortunately, the SL8 cannot be converted to use a AR mag (At least without grabbing the power tools). In fact, There is a plastic lip or bar that keeps any other type of magazine from being installed. This also pushes the stock magazine to one size. Shame on HK, not only do they go for the politically correct magazine, they also had to use a politically correct color. Robert

I was under the impression that the G36 and SL-8 are modular weapon systems. A dealer said that HK is developing a modular magazine well piece for the SL-8 that will accept M-16/AR-15 magazines.

Here is a little something that supports the possibilities, but no one has been able to come up with a part number(look at the magazine on the bottom rifle). Nor have I seen any articles supporting this type of conversion. Certainly worth the search! If you do find the part, please post. I am very interested. Good luck

Robert

P.S. The picture does look fake....
rifles_4s.jpg

[This message has been edited by Robert the41MagFan (edited November 19, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Robert the41MagFan (edited November 19, 1999).]

I think that legally you would not be on very solid grounds if one were to build or adapt a high capacity ammunition feed device to the SL-8. This may be construed as building one of those evil "assault rifles". Not really sure though.

Back