HK P7M8 versus PSP

Dr45ACP

Ok, I have the fever for one or the other of these... Which one do you think is best and why? Or is there enough difference to worry about?

As far as I can tell, the only difference is the location of the mag release, and I think the PSP has a smaller trigger guard... Anything else?

Also, I am very accustomed to a creepless single action trigger.. do these guns give you that? How do their triggers compare to, say, a Wilson or other custom 1911???

Dr45ACP, if you do a search on P7M8 vs P7PSP you will find about gazilion of posts.
In short, M8 has larger trigger guard, plastick heat shield inside of ot and Browning style mag release.
PSP has smaller trigger guard, no hrat shield and Euro style mag release.
Some people claim that PSP is easier to carry concealed. Personaly I don't think that the argument is valid, because both guns are identical in size (I have both) and both are exellent fot carry.
You will find PSP for little less money, but they are more dificult to accesorize (with mags too).
You will like which ever one you get.
Get them both, two of each :)

Dr45ACP,

For carry, I find the PSP superior because the mag release is less obtrusive than the M8.

For firing a lot of ammo in a short time at the range, go for the M8 because of the insulation in the trigger guard (so your trigger finger will not fry).

You will like the SA trigger on any good P7 and benefit from the unusual degree of safety.

Regards,
George
In sunny Arizona

Have both. Much prefer PSP. PSP is weedless. M8 goes in hip pocket, mag jumps out. M8 goes in waistband, mag jumps out.
I much prefer the PSP because I do not foresee a need for quick mag changes, and I do want the mag to stay in the gun. After nine rounds it's too late. My fear is not running out of rounds, but running out of time. The PSP also fits my hand better because of the round on the backstrap produced by the euro mag release. hangfar

Love my P7M8. As to the mag release, I ground off ~1/8" on the left side. Not that it ever accidently released the mag, but it poked me when I carried. No problem now. Just need to get another.

I've never had my M8's mag "jump out." I've carried it in the waistband, in a holster on my belt, in my boot, etc... I do see how this "might" be possible, but I've never experienced it. My M8 is a 1985 model.

J. Wise

i've got both too, carried the psp on duty, before they introduced the m8, and never worried about my reload speed. the psp has very few faults, we used to fire 50 rounds during qualification and the heat was noticable but never a problem.

the m8 is both taller, longer and wider, it has taller sights, bigger trigger guard :barf: , protruding striker collar :D and mag releases on both sides that poke :eek:. the psp is sleeker :cool: and, reguardless of measurements, seems more compact.

the ideal p7 would be a psp with the m8 heat shield and striker collar. oh,and a lightweight frame :cool: :cool:

the trigger pull will feel different from the 1911, it replaced my combat commander for duty wear, mostly because the trigger is wider. the slide moves faster because of the recoil system but should bother you less because because of the low bore line over your hand.

Back