HK P7M8 owners: ammo compatibility question

selfdefense4me

Apologies in advance for yet another question about this gun. However, before I decide whether to order one or not (and plunk down the commensurate big bucks), I'd like to know if the P7M8 is deemed suitable for +P 9mm rounds. Perusing the HK year 2000 catalog, I noticed that they are quick and proud to point out that the USP series can take +P loads. The catalog is strangely silent about the P7M8, noting only that it is 9mm caliber.

I'd ask my local dealers, but would probably get three different answers.

Any input/experience(s) will be appreciated. Thanks.

Yes they are +P+ rated. I have fired a few hundred through mine and have had no problems. In the manual they say the can fire +P and +P+.

P7 ammo

I have a gunsmith friend who carries a P7. He told me that the pistol's gas system vents overpressure and he doesn't think any factory ammo would be too hot for it. He ran some high-powered european stuff through his that he said he wouldn't shoot in most 9mm guns.

Feed them anything but lead

I just came back from putting about 200 rds through the one I'm going to be carrying as soon as my holster arrives (the other one is sitting pretty in its box) Almost everything I fired was +P. I still have to find a round that this gun doesn't like. Oh yeah, I also shot some WW white box ($6.99) at wally world and I was POI was 2"-3" high at 15 feet. Don't know why, could have been me since I'm trying out Isosceles vs. Weaver.

Back