HK P7 M13 ?

Pilot

Hello all. I have an opportunity to buy a Like New In Box HK P7M13 for $1199, from my local gunshop. It comes with 2 Hi-cap mags. I really want a M8, due to the slimmer profile, but the double stack grip feels a bit more comfortable to me, although probably not as concealable. Does anybody carry the M13 for CCW? Is $1199 a decent price for this gun? I have the fever bad and just need to know.

Pilot

I don't own the P7M13 but I do own two P7M8's. It sounds like a good deal at that price considering the two hi-capacity magazines. I looked at a P7M13 but didn't like the feel of the gun. It was just too bulky for me. Go for it if you like the gun. As for concealed carry it all depends on your size and how you dress.

Yes, I carry one quite a bit, in a shoulder holster.

$1199 is a decent price for NIB with 2 high caps, I've seen them in No. VA some years ago when they were still relatively readily available for a LOT more than that.

I, too, would really prefer to have an M8, but I'm not complaining.

The P7M13 I have was a gift. :)

Have both an 8 & 13. CCW the 8 more just from its pure convienience. The 13 is noticably heavier but any real difference is probably moot. Both are just Superb handgun's.

My P7M13 was 985 in very good shape with one mag, out the door (ie, including sales tax). Mags are about a hundred bucks a pop. I've been very happy with it.

Bran,

Last P7M13 mag I saw at a show had a price of $175 on it! :eek:

The chump tried to tell me how rare they were, etc.

I normally like to be kissed when someone is trying to f*_(&*$_(*#*#*(&% me.

Bought P7M8 today

Well, as I said in the other P7 thread, I ended up buying a used police, arsenal extra, non-refrub P7M8. So far I love it and it shoots great. I'll post a full report after tomorrow's range session. I was able to put a box through it right after I bought it and was very impressed. 100% reliable and very accurate. You really don't have to try too hard with these guns. They just seem to hit where you aim. Expensive for a used gun though $699 with two mags, box and papers. Tried to like the M13 version, but the grip ws a bit bulkier than the M8, but sitll OK. I want the M13 next!

Pilot

That's a great local price on a NIB M13.

BUT, the M13 is not a carry piece for civilian CCW. It's a tactical gun.

The M8 or the PSP is best used for civilians seeking to carry concealed comfortably.

Yes, you can carry the M13. I can easily carry a Deseart Eagle too with the right wardrobe. But not comfortably or without a funny walk or limp or posture.

If you shop around on the Net you can find a nice used or factory refurb M8/PSP for $700 and pay no state sales tax unless you live in Florida.

Bought my PSP from a dealer in Ohio and saved myself $50 when you include FFL fees and shipping. I'd have to pay a good $100 in taxes here in WA. So if you want the M13, make sure you get a price concession for the taxes.

M13s are hard to sell due to their thickness and their cost. I'd aim to buy it for $1100 so start you offer at $1025 and have them finally bring you to around $1,100 to help offset your taxes.

I had a dealer here who had a used M13 with two hi caps and Trijicons for $1000 even and it took him 6-7 months to dump it. It's thick and heavy unless you're used to it.

Recommendation: Pass for an M8 or even better, a PSP for no mag releases to snag on. Or buy the M13 for a negotiated price and plan for a heavier carry.

The price is great. I have a PSP, M8 and M13. The M13 has been my daily companion for a long time. My hands are large however and it is important that the pistol is comfortable in your hand, and that trigger reach is not excessive. The eight-round guns are easier to conceal. Extra mags are about $125 in blue. If you have a total of four, that should be sufficient. In my experience , the P7s are some of the finest handguns obtainable; accurate and astonishingly reliable. Rob

Back