HK new UMP .45 ACP carbine

Status
Not open for further replies.

thequickad

Anyone know the availability of the new HK UMP in .45 ACP and civilian legal furniture (means no pistol grip and only holds 10-rd)?

The SL8 is out so when will beh UMP be out?

It isnt worth it...
Do a "Search" for it - we had a good thread covering this some time ago.

------------------
Not all Liberals are annoying... Some are Dead.
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

If the UMP 45 is priced anything like the SL8, they can forget it. I saw one last weekend at a show and for $2200, I can buy 3 BM AR 15s that will take high caps!

I was talking to a dealer and they said HK will be coming out with a modular magazine well for the SL-8 and USC .45ACP carbine sometime next year. These will except the AR-15/M-16 mags and not yet confirmed Uzi/Thompson Mags for the SL-8 and USC carbine. All of which are pre-ban.

*not confirmed by HK, only from a dealer.

George, did a search under "UMP 45" and couldn't find the thread. I am simply curious about availability. Is this firearm, HK UMP 45, available for sale already?

Hey, tqa. Do a search under HK USC45. FWIW I think they're supposed to offer it for sale in November. I, too, like this beast but unfortunately, I like in CA. :( If they don't have them for sale before 1/1/2000, then I'm SOL.

Later,
Rich

No, the KH SL-8 and USC .45 will not fall under the new California ban. The weapons cannot accept high capacity magazines because they are built around a thin, ten round mag. Same goes for the Ruger PC-9 and Mini-14. Both do not have flash suppressors and both have conventional rifle stocks (not those bad pistol grips!) If all is true, you will be able to purchase the guns after Jan. 1, 2000 in California.

pete80 is wrong. SB23 will ban anything that is centerfire, semi-auto has a detachable mag and 1 of the evil feature. The ban on 10 rd mags is a different section. So I think the SL-8 and the UMP.45 Carbine fall into that catagory because they have the thumbhole stock
in the law, thumbhole stock= pistol grip conspiciously protuding below the action.

------------------
It ain't mah fault. did I do dat?

I held an HK SL-8 and it sure didn't feel like a $1600 - $1800 weapon. It wasn't as cheesy feeling as a Carbon 15 but I couldn't see shelling out that much for an HK SL-8. Upon reflection, if the UMP-45 is similar to the SL-8, which I'd have to think it would be, then I'll spend my $900 - $1000 on something else. But as mentioned before, the point is moot if they're not sold before 1/1/2000. Sour grapes? Could be. ;)

Later,
Rich

I had a chance to hold an SL-8 too a couple of weeks ago. That thumbhole grip was incredibly poor, not at all comfortable no matter how you shifted your grip. This is the first HK that will not make it on my wish list. G-36 yes, SL-8 no. The ambi cocking handle was pretty good though.

- Ron V.

------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back