HK 45 - best ammo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldie

Inactive
im new on this board, so apologies if this question has been discussed ad nauseum, but what have you all found to be the best ammo (i.e. accuracy, cycling problems?) in both standard and hollow point for the HK USP 45 ? the guys at the shops suggested buying boxes of all the different brands and experimenting, but asking here seems less expensive.

I found the 230gr. ProLoad Bonded HP to be the very best, though my partner disagrees (he likes the 200gr!) In my experience, ProLoad is the most consistent, low flash/recoil, high performance defensive ammunition available. They use a Speer bonded hollowpoint bullet that doesn't separate and produces very reliable expansion with excellent penetration.

The best is that John Koppel (CEO of Proload) offers a money back satisfaction guarantee. You don't like it, you get a full refund! This is the first kind of guarantee I've ever heard of in the ammunition industry!

Give it a try and call John at 800-729-6978. Ask for John and tell him I sent you. He will treat you right. (I am not affiliated w/ John in any way other than the fact that I love his ammo.)

Tim
http://www.streetpro.com/ewc2000
Edged Weapons Conference 2000

As each pistol shoots a little different than the next, I'll tell ya what I use and you can try in yours.
For plinking, mine likes blazer 230fmj. It didn't like federal eagle 230fmj-as in it wasn't as accurate.
For more formal booming, mine likes hydrashok 230 and triton hyvel 165+p. Also it liked golden saber 230grain.
Actually it just kind of likes everything I shoot thru it. No jams, no misfires, no problems. As for the plinking being a little different, I'm not talking that much difference.
The nice thing about these pistols is you can shoot hot or not and it doesn't matter-they like it all.

H&K always! (i've been practicing George!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back