History of Guns.....as viewed by ancient alien theorists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rembrandt

I'm watching "Ancient Aliens" on the "History Channel", while entertaining, their answer to every unexplained anomaly is "It must have been extraterrestrial influence" .

So....Why not apply this explanation to historical firearms.

Did Samuel Colt see a vision of a rotating drum-like Alien space craft shooting out beams of light and incorporate the design into the first revolver?

Was John Moses Browning abducted by Aliens who showed him craft that could be propelled by expended gases. Was the 1911 really a propulsion unit from Ancient Alien craft?

Did Kalashnikov and Eugene Stoner encounter Ancient Aliens, who may have inspired their creations? Surely no ordinary man could have come up with such brilliant technology on their own.

Was the detachable box magazine inspired by smaller Alien craft attaching detaching themselves from the mother ship?

One thing to keep in mind about the History Channel is that independent producers propose programs and then if the channel is interested, they pay for it. Then the producers produce it and it is aired.

As for the revolver, Colt's wasn't the first, but the most successful to date. Browning's observation of gases was supposedly when he saw grass being blown by the gases that were expelled when the gun was discharged. His first attempts to harness the gases included a muzzle cap that captured the gas that was then used to work a lever. As for detachable box magazine, Jonathan Browning had the harmonica gun (metal block with chambers so as to allow for repeatability).

Never underestimate the genius of mankind. I thought of an electric trigger as a means for faster ignition and then read about it in W. W. Greener's The Gun and Its Development.

The 1911 (and its Browning-designed predecessors) isn't gas-operated. Were some of Browning's designs gas -operated? Once you get beyond the 1911 I know very little about firearms and how they work.

Most of Browning's semi & full auto designs are recoil operated. ALL his semi auto pistols are recoil or blowback operated. The 1917/1919 .30 machineguns, and the M2 .50 cal machine guns are recoil operated.

The 1895 "potato digger" machine gun, and the BAR are gas operated.

I do find the Ancient Aliens shows amusing, some of the time. Also rather pointless, if you believe in a Creator / Supreme being (by what ever name).

By definition, the Creator IS extra terrestrial, so everything on earth, and earth itself is the result of "alien influence". :rolleyes:

So....Why not apply this explanation to historical firearms.
umm, because its not true???;)

Until/unless someone produces the Aliens, and they say "oh yes, we did that..." its all just fantasy.

Now, what I want to know is who the heck built Oak Island, and WHY???:D

Some gun designs are crude, others are quite elegant or clever in there simplicity.

having said that they're really not THAT complex, Aliens did not abduct the designers of these classic arms.

I'd be more likely to believe if they said watch makers was abducted.. talk about complexity.

The real mystery is not how modern, urban industrialist figured it out, but how primitive societies learned of advanced pneumatic technologies.

440px-Cerbatana_Tlacalhuazcuahuitl_Bodley_p38.jpg

It MUST be aliens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back