History and Info on Star machine pistols

Zigokubasi

I recently discovered that Star made a series of selective fire pistols that are considered C&R NFA weapons. The exact models are: "STAR, models AD, BD, MD, and PO, Selective Fire Pistols, any cal., produced prior to 1953." Now, I understand all the hassle and expense involved in NFA transfers, but I'm curious nonetheless. Are many of them even registered, or is the entry erroneous? What is the history of these weapons, especially the Model MD, which as I understand it came in .45 acp? I have a picture of a guy firing a Star machine pistol with a shoulderstock and extended magazine, but the caption calls it a "model M"... I assume that's the MD, but I have very little other info on it, and none on the other models.

Thanks

I know at least one that is registered and legal, but I don't know the model. It doesn't belong to me, but I fired it, and hereby report that in FA fire, it is useless, with or without the stock. The selector switch is on the right side and operates to trip the sear when the slide goes into battery. There may have been high cap magazines, but I can tell you that 8 rounds does not last long in FA fire.

Jim

Back