Hirtenberger question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulfilas

Allow me to once again display my ignorance. On the HK-L list there was mention made of Hirtenberger 9mm ammo, and where you can get it relatively inexpensively.

Hirtenberger is higher-powered ammo made for subguns. I recall a warning in my HK manual not to use subgun ammo in their pistols. For the sake of my curiosity, here's my question: Even though the USP (and other new handguns) can take +P loads, what would be some of the problems involved in loading Hirtenberger?

TIA
jth

------------------
Exodus 22:2 -- Biblical precedent for home defense.

I don't shoot my 9m/m's very often so have not tried the 9m/m Hirtenberger ammo in them. I have shot a lot of the .45ACP Hirtenberger ammo out of various 1911's with no ill effects and it did not seem any "hotter" than any other .45ACP loads. I think the stuff they are selling is all at SAAMI specs. They may make sub-gun only ammo but the stuff you see at CTD, et al is "handgun safe".

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited November 23, 1999).]

I shoot Hirtenberger 90gr Flat Lead Law Enforcement grade in my Glocks. This is a different round than the sub-gun ammo, which is 124gr. The 90 gr is +p+, the sub gun ammo is hotter than that. Glock says sub gun ammo is ok to use in my G17. Which makes sense cuz the G18 is in effect a sub-gun and its no different than the G17. get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back