hip holster for blackhawk?

bigboredave

Inactive
hey guys does anyone know of quality holster for a blackhawk .45 with a 4 5/8 barrel? it would be used for hiking and hunting? I would prefer something that protects the grip (ie: no comboy styles with the open tops)
thanks
dave

I purchased a holster for that same purpose for my Ruger Super Blackhawk 4". I chose a Mitch Rosen "Sport" model holster. Just like his other pieces I own, the fit and finish were excellant. Look at his site at www.mitchrosen.com

I'd recommend the Bianchi Cyclone. It's a cross draw design, very comfortable to carry and provides good coverage for the gun - although the grip is exposed. The holster # is 111. I have one that I use for a Ruger .45 with the 4 5/8 barrel and like it very much.

Other than a full flap holster I don't know where you'd get grip protection on a hip holster. For something with a full flap you could probably try one of the "Old West" type makers who might offer an old calvery style holster with the flap that would work for your Ruger.

------------------
Jim Fox

I don't think they make them anymore, but if you could find a used "Safariland #42 LGE. S.A. 4 5/8" stamped on the rear, you couldn't do better for a high ride hip holster for your Blackhawk. it has a retaining strap, but no flap. Coincidentally, I had my Blackhawk .45 L.C., in that Safariland, on my desk as I read your post. I've got excellent service from mine, for years.

If you must have a flap, check with Kramer Leather, as they make a dandy. But it's large, so don't expect any concealment, if that is what you're hoping for.

Good luck. J.B.

Back