High Standard Sentinel Won....

mk70ss

Just won a GB auction on a 1972 nickel High Standard Sentinel 4 inch, 9 shot .22 revolver. In anticipation of acquiring it, post yours up or comments on them.

I remember looking at the High Standard revolvers in Frontier Gunshop, Fairbanks, Alaska in 1975. Nice guns. Occasionally a 44 Magnum Crusader comes up on GB. I'd like one of those.

Sentinel

As a kid, I always wanted one of the later Sentinel's, was it the Mk4?, with the underlug barrel and fluted ejector shroud. Wanted it in .22mag, and wanted the shorter bbl length too. Seems as if I've read there was a well known gun designer behind that pistol..........but I can't remember who. I thought the short, lugged Sentinel was one handsome revolver.

Never did get that revolver, and rarely if ever have I ever seen one used in a shop.

sometimes we come across a wonderful deal and we take it. mine is someday a high standard supermatic thophy . (sp).

I've got a military grip(ala 1911) HS Victor and wish I had a Sentinal. It's a shame the original High Standard and the resurrected company went under. They made some fine firearms.

I have a Sentinel Imperial that I bought in 1961 in Rochester, Minnesota. I have no idea how many rounds have been through it but it still shoots better than I can.

I had a NIB Crusader and never shot it. I know the guy who bought it and it's still NIB. I don't know anyone who has shot one.

Never had a nickel one, but had a couple of the blue ones. Perfect "woods bumming" gun. They're about the same size as a K-frame Smith and Wesson, but much lighter. Plenty accurate enough for pine cones and such, and I even managed to scare a squirrel or two with mine. In an Uncle Mikes nylon holster I'd forget I had it on until I wanted it.

I wouldn't mind still having one, but alas my days of bumming around in the woods are over. They're in the hands of others now.

Back