High Standard Sentinel Deluxe R-107?

Skarekrow88

A friend of mine had a co-worker who had to medically retire due to health issues and needed some quick money and was selling off some guns to make that happen. Nothing really piqued my interest except for one revolver. I took it home for $150 not knowing much about it. Seems to be well made and locks up tight. How'd I do? Anyone well versed in High Standard revolvers that can recommend a good holster for OWB carrying this out in the field?

https://imgur.com/ui50ani

https://imgur.com/B9WWlRS

Last edited:
I have the same gun, but in nickel finish. They are excellent little revolvers and are very well made. Seems like you got a pretty good deal, price wise on yours and it looks to be in excellent shape. There are several holsters that will work, EBay generally has them listed.

Do your friend and yourself a favor, and give them atleast another $50 there Skarekrow88, because if that Sentinel shoots as good as it looks, you got one heck of a deal.:)

Got the non-deluxe version myself. Great shooter. Your's is a good looking one that doesn't seem to have been abused. A buck and a half, insane deal. I'd agree . . . give 'em another $50. The Universe will thank you.

One of my favorite 22 revolvers. Light as a feather so it's easy to carry all day when bumming around in the woods. Plenty accurate enough for pine cones, cans and such. I even managed to scare a squirrel or two with mine.

I carried mine in the same Uncle Mikes Sidekick I used for Smith and Wesson K-frames.

Thanks for all the feedback. The only other firearm they had of any interest to me was a well taken care of (and quite pretty) Cimarron single action revolver with a birds head grip and a case hardened frame. I might just buy that from them at their asking price as a way to say thank you for such a great deal on the High Standard.

Anyway, yesterday I cleaned it up a little and took it out and shot a 50rd box of Aguila and a handful of loose CCI through the gun. I was very pleased with the accuracy and how much fun it was to shoot this revolver. However, more often than not the double action didn’t seem to want to set off the round on the first strike even though the firing pin looks nice and sharp to me. The single action worked nearly 100% with the exception of maybe two of the loose rounds and one of the Aguilas which was most likely the ammunition’s fault and not the guns and also well within the realm of reasonable reliability for an old .22 revolver in my opinion. I’m assuming the reason for the double action failing is a weak hammer spring from just being old. Is this something that’s fairly easy to replace myself or should I leave it to my gunsmith?

^^^
Revolver mainsprings are very easy to replace. For actual springs, there's usually a little hole near the bottom of the strut where you'd slip a needle thru once the spring and regulator tab or ring is in place to lock it compressed. Flat mainsprings are even easier. The trick is finding a NEW replacement spring. Don't buy pre-owned mainsprings from Numrich, ever . .

Scout around for instructions, the early Sentinel was very difficult to reassemble. HS charged $5 a pop to reassemble them, until they had mercy on their customers and simplified the job.

Springs don't get weak from being old, and I doubt a weak spring is your problem.
I suggest cleaning your chambers with a good solvent and a bronze brush, so that ammunition seats fully in the chambers.

Back