High Standard Riot Shotgun

Wanpaku1

Inactive
I have looked at the other threads in this forum about High Standard, as well as on www.highstandard.info but have been unable to tell what model of shotgun I have.

All it says on the barrel is RIOT and the High Standard Manufacturer's mark. On the opposite side of the barrel is "Proof Tested 2 3/4" Chamber. On the receiver (Left side as you point it away from you) is the number P01158.

There is no Flite King or model number markings on the gun. It has a regular stock (no pistol grip).

17.5 inch barrel (measured from where the barrel meets the receiver to the end. Bead front sight.

Any info (year, model, etc) or direction as to where to look would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time.

You had better hope the barrel is 18 inches or over.. Use a wooden dowel, place it into the barrel, ( of course make sure the chamber is empty ) mark it, then measure it.;)

Wanpaku1, I definitely ageee with RJay, you need to check the barrel. Also, what is the magazine capacity using 2 3/4" ammunition? Also, does it have rifle sights or bead sights?

Steve Mace

26583_10150123927720173_718030172_11472630_8327057_n.jpg

26583_10150123932585173_718030172_11472666_2084297_n.jpg

Talking about one of these? Mines a 1971

Check yours>>> http://www.histandard.info/datapublic/serial/HIGH STANDARD DATE CODE.pdf

Love the weapon, great for some small time clay shooting.

Thanks for the Help!

KC9LDB,

Mine looks like that, except it has a bead front sight and no rear sight. It also has a black bolt, vice the stainless steel on yours.

I couldn't tell from your pictures, but to the right of the makers mark on my barrel is stamped "High Standard" and directly under that is stamped "Hamden Conn, USA"

I measured the inside of the barrel and not the outside this time and it is an 18" barrel.:o

It has a capacity of 6 - 2 3/4" shells.

Looks like it is somewhere in the 70's, but I am still trying to figure out the code page. With a number like P01158 I am guessing a 71 manufacture, but it doesn't fit into their code chart very well.

Thanks for the help. I know more about it now than I did a few days ago.

Last edited:
Capacity?

Mace,

Since the shotgun I have only holds six, wouldn't that be 8118? Isn't the number 6 or 7 (8111 is Riot 18-7 and 8118 is Riot 18 - 6) in the gun description a reference to magazine capacity?

Thanks.

No problem man, word from the wise on these, on the muzzle there is a bolt that holds the sling mounts in. Well that actually holds the gun together, make sure it remains tight, should your screw strip out, local hardware stores stock that screw, I have a few myself. I made the mistake to not look all the time and it bent, stripped, and i had the gun's magazine spring disappear into a field, found it in the middle of the night with a team of 4 with flashlights. So watch that bolt and have fun with it, cool firearm!!!!

Thanks for all the help

I was a little confused (obviously) about the capacity, but it looks like I've got a K120 Riot (catalog number 8111).

I appreciate all the time and effort on my behalf...now to go shooting.

Back