High Standard 102 Citation

S&W44

Hi,
I just got home from the local gunshop where I laid away a High Standard Model 102 Supermatic Citation.Odd looking gun,has a 10" barrel,2 barrel weights,and what looks like a compensator on the end of the barrel.The serial number is 10575XX.Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks

S&W44, the High Standard Model 102 Supermatic Citation was made from 1958-1965. It was only chambered in .22 LR with a 10-shot magazine with either a 6.75", 8" or 10" tapered barrel (a 5.5" bull barrel became available in 1962). With a 10" barrel the one you're looking at should have adjustable sights. The finish was blued with diamond checkered plastic grips. What you see at the muzzle is actually a detachable stabilizer. The Citation was one grade above the Tournament model and listed as catalog number 9262 (with 10" barrel). In excellent condition the Supermatic Citation you have on layaway could be worth about $725-$925. A significant premium would be added if it came with the original case and is in 98% condition or better. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

Thanks for the info,Steven.Any idea where I could get a set of original grips for it?It has a set of what I think are old Jay Scott walnut target grips on it.

I picked up the Citation today.Here's a pic of it,at least all that would fit on the scanner.Wish I had a digital camera.

Attachments

• citation.jpg
    citation.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 615
I've got one with an 8" barrel. The plastic grips are slippery and I prefer the target grips the first owner made for it. The firing pin pin is worn a bit so it's fussy about ammo. Never use the stabilizer, it will shoot low if you use it. All in all a lovely gun.

Bye
Jack

I found a set of checkered wood High Standard grips for it.No problem about the stabilizer,it's missing from the gun,anyway.

If lookin for bits n pieces for Hi_Standards.........don't forget to check the factory. May or may not have what you lookin for but not to be overlooked anyway.

Sam

Back