High power FFP scopes, Falcon

Falcon scopes are not well regarded as great quality. Especially for dialing elevation over and over. You won't get near as precise adjustments or as clear glass from it. Take a look over on Snipers Hide to get an idea of what is good and what is not so good. You will mainly find them using Vortex, Nightforce, Schmit & Bender, Khales, US Optics, Sightron, and a few others, but not Falcon...

I will check out snipers forum. Are there any of the less expensive brands that make a FFP scope thats worth while using? A lot of people speak well of Mueller but they are 2nd FP.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like the Sightron or Vortex I am looking at are the low end in FFP scopes at around $1k+-.
Thanks for the review link. I might rethink the Sightron and look more toward the Vortex.

Last edited:
You won't be disappointed with Vortex- especially in the event you have an issue.
No other manuf. I'm aware of offers their lifetime warranty- they don't care if you're the original purchaser, or not- whomever owns it, just sends the scope in...

This also translates to quick re-sales and high re-sale value. Used Vortex scopes in good condition will usually sell for 75%-80% of cost new.

I'm no stranger to Vortex and reccomended them to everyone. The regular Viper on my .308 target rifle had some oil that jumped onto an internal lense. It was my fault for not realizing my scope base was really loose and firing the gun several times which shook the scope hard enough that oil inside the scope deposited itself on the internal lense.

I sent it to Vortex, they had it fixed and back out to me the next day! I posted a review about the scope and service I received on their website. About 2 weeks later I received an email from Vortex thanking me for my review and asking for my name and address so they could send me a Vortex hat and some other swag... Thought that was pretty awesome!

I was Pro-Vortex before all of this, and this just reinforced why I look to Vortex anytime I'm shopping for a new scope...

Vortex makes some of the best value optics out there. For the money they are hard to beat. I have a few Vortex scopes and I have been very satisfied with all of them.

Back