high cap. mag.?'s

.22marlin

Inactive
My family has a vacation house in PA. I live in NJ. I go shooting in PA. Is it legal for me to purchase a H.C.M. in PA and leave it at the vac. house?

BTW: firearm and mag. would be ruger 10/22 and hotlips 25 round mag.

So long as the mag is outside the borders of the PRNJ I don't see any problems with NJ law enforcement. It's not as though NJ can arrest you for keeping an item within PA state lines that is prohibited in New Jersey. It would be analogous to me visiting NJ and being arrested and charged with illegal magazine possession since I own banana magazines which aren't even in the state of NJ.

However, PA may have a statute prohibiting possession of hi-cap mags by persons from out of state. I doubt it though.

in pa there is no such thing in legalese that is a hi cap mag. soe dealers in border areas will not sell them to out of state res because of the flack they get. If necessary order it on line and have it delivered to you pa address. no pain, no strain. I live near the PRNY my local dealer will sell you any mag you want if you take it into NY that's your grief not his.

Back